Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ducky's Cold Swim


What's going on Grandma?
Look at Ducky!  This is a little friend of Mr. Hoppy Toad.  Ducky and her family live under the bridge by our house.  Ducky wanted to swim today but when he got in the water he was too cold!  This is a picture of Ducky ready to get out!  His mommy helped him and he shook all dry and sat in the sun with Mr. Hoppy Toad.  Toads and Ducks are getting ready for winter.  The water will be all frozen one day soon and Ducky wanted to try to swim before that happened.  I don't know where Ducky and his family will live during the winter but it will be a nice warm house- I'm sure!  
 Mr. Hoppy Toad is getting his house ready for winter and chopping a lot of wood for his fireplace!  Grandpa is helping him!  Mr. Hoppy Toad usually lives under his house in the dirt but he wants to try and stay in his house this year! Hope he gets to!  If he gets too cold he said- he will see us in the spring!   
Ducky thinks we might not recognize him next spring because ducks grow up faster than people do!
Grandma will see if he will wear a hat so I will know which one is him!  Do you think he will wear a hat for Grandma?   I will ask him and see what he thinks!
Hector and Kevin ate an apple today for Grandma!  Most of the time they want a cookie instead.  I told them to eat an apple first and later I would bring them a cookie.  They at the apple and are looking at me in the window trying to get  me to bring the cookie I promised them!  God tells us to keep our promises so I better take them one!  Grandma needs to remember not to promise things that I might not want to do later!  This time I want to take them a cookie but when it is raining or snowing I might not want to! 
I won't promise then!
Bossy is asleep right now and so is Whooey Who!  They were up all night talking to Lady!  Lady was not sleepy last night and she barked and barked and barked!   That made Whooey Who want to hoot and Bossy want to chirp!   I even heard Silver, down the road, telling one of them something!  Maybe he was saying, "Be quiet please I'm trying to sleep down here!"  Hunter and Baby just ignored them all and snored!   Mr. Hoppy Toad threw some dirt over his head and went to sleep!   Hector and Kevin do not want to talk about it!  They just want the cookie!
OK!  Grandma better go give all of the animals a cookie!  Uncle Jesse and Uncle Jake said, "Don't give all of our cookies to the animals!"  
 I will buy some more!  
If Hector and Kevin ask for milk too Grandma is going to laugh!    
I am going out to the barn now!  Love and miss you so much!  
Love 4ever, Grandma xo   *Look at the hat Jake gave Ducky!
Ducky : BY Jake

2 comments:

  1. Oh grandma, that was a great story. We like Ducky a lot, he reminds us of Ming Ming from wonder pets.....so cute! Jake did a great job on his hat, and Emma thought he wouldn't wear a hat for you! Emma and Mommy got to go to walmart by ourselves today and that was fun, but it was so busy! We finally get to go back to the gym tomorrow since everyone is feeling better, Praise the Lord! Daddy has to go in to work for a little while in the morning so we are going to go. This time next week we will be in Braska looking for a house, we are really excited! We love you and miss you all, it will be soon ; ). Love, Alisha and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for liking the story! Grandma really likes to play story time! I am so glad you and mommy read them! I think Ducky is one of my favorites too! So cute and fuzzy! I will tell Ducky about Ming Ming! He will like that! I think you are right, Emma! Ducky probably will not wear a hat for me! Maybe after he sees how good he looks in one he will say yes!
    Bossy is really wanting Ducky to have a spiky hair doo! We will see how that goes! Ducky looked like he was interested in a spiky hair doo! He wants green hair! What do you think? Green, spiky hair! How funny! Sweet dreams honey! Love 4ever, Grandma xo

    ReplyDelete